Modern Highline X1 6'0" Blue Tail Dip
Free Shipping Policy
If your order total is $99 or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items.
As we are unable to ship larger items such as Surfboards and SUPs via Canada Post and cannot offer free shipping for these items at this time. Special Orders are subject to conditions. Please contact us for more information.
Free In-Store Pickup
When you check out, simply select 'In-Store Pick-Up' and your order will be prepared for pickup within 2-3 business days.
Our online order pickup location is across the street from our store at 1766 W. 4TH AVE, VANCOUVER, BC, V6J 1M1.
With the Highline, Modern examined what novice-to-intermediate surfers need in a surfboard to help them get as much actual surfing experience as possible. To become a better surfer, catching waves and increasing your confidence is the key, so this board was designed to be very buoyant (easy to paddle), stable (easy to get to your feet), and easy to control (smooth turns & go where you want on a wave).
- OUTLINE: The outline is the key to the Highlines amazing stability. Modern took the middle section of a longboard, then tapered the nose to a semi-point and added a nice curved square tail, and by reducing the overall board length you maintain easier side-to-side turning.
- ROCKER: Considered flat, the low rocker means this board paddles very quickly onto waves, and will maintain its speed once youre up and riding. In this case flat equals flow, and less effort required from the rider to get the board up and going.
- CONTOURS: Forward concave helps channel water efficiently across the flatter rocker, particularly when paddling and taking off. The back half of the board has a raised vee with double concave to offset the width, and allow for easier transitions from one rail to the other when performing turns.
- FOIL: Theres lots of volume along the full length of the foil, but enough taper through the nose to avoid that boat-like feel. The rails are full, but still soft which makes them forgiving as you glide across the face and connect your turns together.
- Performance: This model can be ridden shorter due to the extra width and higher volumes, which is a big advantage for beginner and intermediate surfers developing their turning skills. For better surfers, gear down into cruise mode before riding the Highline. It has a large sweet spot and offers a very fluid ride, especially in smaller, soft running beach and point waves.
|Length||Width||Thickness||Volume||Fins (supplied with board)|
|6'0"||21 3/4"||2 3/4"||42 ltr||FCSII Tri Performer|