Jones Project X Snowboard 2022
Free Shipping Policy
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items. Past season sale items at 40% Off or more are excluded from this policy. Unfortunately we cannot ship surfboards, SUPs, and other oversize items.
*Exclusions include sale items discounted at 40% Off or more.
Free Store Pick-Up
When you check out, simply select 'In-Store Pick-Up' and your order will be prepared for pickup within 2-3 business days.
Our online order pickup location is across the street from our store at 1766 W. 4TH AVE, VANCOUVER, BC, V6J 1M1.
The Project X is a hybrid all-mountain board that rides smooth and powerful like a luxury sports sedan.
It is the same shape as the Stratos, but it's built with ultralight, premium materials and Fusion Carbon construction. The tapered shape drops the tail in pow for more float and the 3D Contour Base, narrow sidecut and mid-stiff flex offer the perfect balance of turn performance and stability at speed. The directional rocker profile and Traction Tech 3.0 keep the Project X locked on edge accelerating into carves. New for 21/22, the nose section of the wood core is built with Koroyd, an ultralight composite material that is lighter than any wood, but super damp and durable. The Project X also features two layers of Carbon stringers for insane pop and Float Pack inserts that offer a setback stance option for the deepest days.
- 3D Contour Base 3.0 - Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- Traction Tech 3.0 - Traction Tech 3.0 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
- Progressive sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Tapered shape, 10 mm - The tapered shape sinks the tail in pow for better float and quicker turns.
- Blunt nose - How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones
- Directional Flex Pattern - Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
- V-Core - Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
- Directional Rocker - A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- Ultra Base - Jones exclusive base material that sets new performance standards. Lab results and snow testing show 25% better wax absorption, better glide in warm/wet snow and better durability for grinding. We’ve also doubled the amount of wax and mixed multiple wax types for a faster factory wax in a wider range of conditions.
- Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Koroyd - Koroyd is the lightest, most advanced damping core material we've ever tested. Koroyd absorbs vibrations and adds response at a fraction of the weight which enhances control and confidence.
- Ultra Construction - Ultra Construction is the redefinition of what it takes to build a snowboard.We’ve tested every inch of the board to precisely position materials exactly where they are needed while eliminating all excess materials. Combining these innovative construction techniques with superlight wood cores and carbon fiber deliver revolutionary results. Jones Ultra boards are the lightest, yet most durable snowboards on earth.
- Fusion Carbon - This cutting edge board lay-up process is the latest evolution of our previous Fusion Tech construction and reduces board weight and improves durability by combining board materials in two stages.
- Triax fiberglass - Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Float Pack - Allows super setback stance for deep pow days.
- Bio Resin - Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Thin recycled edges - Advancement in ski edge durability allow us to use thinner edges on splitboard inside edges (and Project X outside edges) to save weight. Outside edges are 2mm, inside edges are 1.5mm.
- Factory Tuned - All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Forever Flex - Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Fiberglass reinforcement - Fiberglass layer improve pop in nose and tail plus increases the longevity of the flex profile. This lightweight layer helps the board perform the same on day 100 as it did on day one - precise and playful.
- Eco-plastic topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Fusion Core - The new Fusion Core is our lightest wood core yet. Core is made from mostly paulownia with specifically positioned pockets of poplar for improved durability and response.