COME WORK WITH US!
Pacific Boarder is growing thanks to the epic outdoor conditions, our fantastic store teams and our customers who want to shred!
SNOW. SKATE. SURF… with us!
A neighbour to Grouse Mountain and Seymour Mountain, (where you get to play for free when you join our team) Pacific Boarder offers the best in service and gear. Aside from passes to ride, what else do you get as a member of our team?
- Competitive hourly wage
- Working with a team of great outdoor enthusiasts (more than a few gearheads)
- Fantastic deals on your gear
ASSISTANT MANAGER ROLE
We want to strengthen our growing business with the right fit as an Assistant Manager... our search begins with you.
Email email@example.com with your resume to apply today!
Who are you?
As Assistant Manager at Pacific Boarder you are empowered to create and lead a dynamic, successful, and passionate snowboard, skate and surf team. As an Assistant Manager, you are a key member of the operational team that reports to the Store Manager and General Manager. As part of this team, your contributions are critical to the success of the business, and you have the opportunity to help mold this store in an ever-changing and successful retail landscape.
Essential Job Functions
Your Store Manager provides direction and leadership to the sales and service staff. Through recruitment, education, and motivation, you will be expected to support and maintain a passionate staff that understands what it means to provide a fantastic customer experience.
You will help guide the direction of the store based on insight, industry trends and historical data, as well as your years of experience in a business-focused retail environment. Your goal is to assist in producing a successful, profitable store that can continue to thrive and add value. You must be able to enthusiastically achieve the following:
- Maximize store sales and achieve sales goals
- Measure and monitor progress and results daily through KPIs
- Ensure all staff have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to reach goals; set them up for success!
- Help manage payroll expenses to ensure profitability and effective scheduling
- Deliver and model exceptional customer service
- Work with the Store Manager on the creation of annual store budgets and payroll forecasts
- Manage inventory to help drive sales and have exciting current product available
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff
- Continuously search for ways to improve all aspects of our store, no status quo!
The Assistant Manager will have a passion and love for snowboarding, skate and surf. You are a leader and motivator, who thrives from achieving goals and is enthusiastic about mentoring others to achieve success. You are excited for the opportunity to be the person who creates something AMAZING while building a team of exceptional coworkers that you are proud to call teammates. On a functional level, you will bring with you the following skills:
- Minimum 3+ years working in a sales-focused environment
- Proven ability to meet business goals
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff
- Knowledge and experience cultivating and maintaining an effective inventory
- Adept with Point-of-Sale system(s) and Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency in interpreting and using financial metrics to drive performance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in visual merchandising and display
- Proven commitment to exceptional customer service experience
- A drive to create and be a part of something AMAZING
- Eagerness to expand knowledge base and be a lifelong learner
All managers are required to meet the standard physical requirements of all roles at Pacific Boarder with a few additions:
- Operate office equipment
- Standing and walking for extended periods up to an entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move products and fixtures up to 50 pounds
And… What You’ll Get, Total Rewards!
- Annual starting base salary of 50K with room to grow
- Monthly and annual bonus payouts for goals met and exceeded
- Free passes to Grouse Mountain and Mt. Seymour
- Generous employee discount on the best gear
- Dental and extended medical benefits
- Free gear from time to time… what a gift!
- Dynamic environment with like-minded colleagues and customers
- Time to play (with some obvious retail exceptions, of course)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply today.