Channel Islands Neckbeard 3 Surfboard Spine-Tek 5'9" Futures
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items.
*Please note that our Free Shipping offer does not apply to Surfboards/SUP.
To inquire about Surfboard/SUP delivery, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com or 1-888-262-7337
We will provide a shipping quote and verify the condition of the item before shipment.
When something isn’t broke, there’s no need to fix it. That said, Britt Merrick and Dane Reynolds still felt a few slight refinements would make an already epic board that much better. And it did: The merits of our original NeckBeard's update (aka NeckBeard 2) were seen in Dane’s surf film “The Electric Acid Surfboard Test.”
A big fan of single concave, Dane asked Britt to take out the vee from the original NeckBeard, creating single throughout. This changed the rocker landscape some, but in a very positive way—enhancing its wave entry, down-the-line speed, and overall control. They also widened the tail block 1/2” and added a slight hip, resulting in increased responsiveness and maneuverability.
In our 3.0 tweak to this great design, we updated only the tail by rounding out its signature square block. While the NeckBeard 3 is the exact same shape in every other way, its new tail design makes this skatey, angular turning air board more versatile by providing smoother transitions in the pocket and buttery carves out on the face—not to mention better hold and more confidence in the barrel.
The NeckBeard 3 is built with the tri-fin set up in mind but also works very well as a quad via a five-fin setup, allowing you to get the best of both worlds. Available in both PU/PE and EPS Spine-Tek.
- Created by Britt Merrick and Dane Reynolds the Neck Beard 3 has been refined to make an already great board better
- Spine-tek Construction: This construction is Eco Board Certified, making the board livelier and more responsive. Replicating the effects of a spring this construction loads up the energy to create pop and acceleration
- Unlike a timber construction the Spin maintains its flex pattern over time
- Fin Set-Up: Thruster
- Concave: Single concave throughout
- Tail: 1/2" wider tail block than the neckbeard 2 with slight hip to increase response and make it easier to manoeuvre
- Rounded tail
- The new tail design gives the board a skatey feel, providing smoother rail to rail transitions and increase the boards versatility
- 5'9 x 19 5/8" x 2 1/2"
- Futures thruster fin set-up
- UL/SO 4+4/4 glass job
- Volume: 30.7L