Jones Mind Expander Splitboard 2019
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items.
*Please note that our Free Shipping offer does not apply to Surfboards/SUP.
To inquire about Surfboard/SUP delivery, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-262-7337
We will provide a shipping quote and verify the condition of the item before shipment.
A directional all-mountain board born to slash every feature it encounters, the Jones Mind Expander Snowboard is ideal for the creative rider who blends freestyle, freeride, and surf styles all across the resort. For playful float in pow, the Mind Expander has a Surf Rocker profile, Spoon 3.0 base contours, and a hybrid directional shape. Meanwhile, the blunted nose and tight sidecut keep things nimble and the swing weight low. A directional-style board but with a distinct freestyle feel, the Mind Expander Snowboard will truly change the way you look at riding.
- Directional Shape
- Progressive Sidecut – At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Blunt Nose – "How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep is dictated by it's front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the 'snow plow' rounded tip and it's extra swing weight." - Jeremy Jones
- Control Split Core – Dual-density full premium wood core designed specifically for splitboards. 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio keeps core light yet ultra damp.
- Biax Fiberglass – A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement – Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Recycled Black ABS – ABS plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Sintered 9900 Base – Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Oversized Recycled Edges – All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Inside Traction Tech 1.0 – Inner edge Traction Tech improves splitboard edge grip on ascent. Three side cut "bumps" on each side of your binding keep you locked in on icy skin tracks no matter which way you are traversing.
- Outside Traction Tech 1.0 – Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Eco-Plastic Topsheet – Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet).
- Quick Tension Tail – All Jones splitboards (except Discovery Split) now feature a notch cut into the tail of both skis that allows the Quick Tension Tail Clip fastener to simply slide into the notch and secure the skin.