Spark Surge Splitboard Bindings 2022
Free Shipping Policy
If your order total is CA$99* or more before taxes, you're eligible for free shipping within Canada on almost all items. Past season sale items at 40% Off or more are excluded from this policy. Unfortunately we cannot ship bikes.
*Exclusions include sale items discounted at 40% Off or more.
Free Store Pick-Up
When you check out, simply select 'In-Store Pick-Up' and your order will be prepared for pickup within 2-3 business days.
Our online order pickup location is across the street from our store at 1766 W. 4TH AVE, VANCOUVER, BC, V6J 1M1.
The Surge is built for big days on big lines, and is preferred by our bigger or more aggressive riders. Solid baseplate design, stiffer Rip ‘N’ Flip highbacks, and more supportive Pillow Line ankle straps combine to give riders greater control in demanding terrain. All Surge bindings incorporate our industry-leading Tesla T1 technology. Every piece of this binding is made in-house with the exception of a few screws and the buckles!
- In the Box: Bindings, Tesla touring brackets, T1 heel rests, mounting screws, and Spark pocket tool.
- What else do I need? A set of Spark Pucks or Spark Canted Pucks.
- Weight: 1.50lbs/ea (680g) - 3.01lbs/pr (1365g) - Medium
- Pillow Line Straps: Surge Pillow Line Straps are lightweight - 53% lighter than their fabric strap predecessors. They are ultradurable, comfortable, waterproof, one-piece molded construction, and made 100% in-house. Strap pillows are thin and flexible for a comfortable, conformed fit, while thicker ribs are held off the boot and provide stiffness for a uniquely responsive ride. Surge ankle straps have a wide, asymmetrical footprint around the boot for incredible all-around support. The toe straps come in one construction for both Arc and Surge models, and are designed to be used as a toe cap but also fit traditionally over the top.
- Rip 'N' Flip Highback: The R&D shines with a shape built from 3D scans of popular splitboard boot models, and a list of rad features designed specifically for and fully appreciated by the splitboarder. The Surge highback has a high amount of glass fiber fill for a stiff ride and maximum response. The tool free forward lean adjuster (FLAD) offers complete customization from 0° to 22° in ride mode. The Forward Lean Adjuster toggles easily between forward lean position and -13° touring position for easy transitions.
- Whammy Bar Climbing Wire: A single fatty climbing wire is built into the baseplate with a side arm lever for easy position changes on the steeps. You can switch easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°) and back again while touring.
- Snap Ramps & Side-Lock Tesla Touring Brackets: T1 System bindings slide sideways into the offset touring bracket and are locked into place with our snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor. Integrated Ibex crampon mounting claws on touring brackets make for quick and easy installation and removal.
- Puck Compatibility: Slide them on and snap the ramp down. Snap the ramp up and slide them off. The most functional way to attach your binding to your board in ride mode. Period. Spark R&D bindings are designed to work with all puck compatible splitboard models. When used with Arc bindings conveniently access puck screws with the bindings in place for precise stance adjustment. Available in a flat and a 3° canted model. Note that pucks do not come with the bindings out of the box and must be purchased separately.
- T1 Heel Rest: The T1 Heel Rest catches the climbing wire in the 12° and 18° positions and is specifically designed to hold the T1 Step Locker in place.
- Buckles & Plastics: Ladders and adjusters are produced in-house with unique thermoplastics that maintain flex over a wide temperature range, performing well on spring tours as well as sub-zero suffer fests. All straps incorporate Burton's time-tested bomber buckles.